Corporate Planning in E&P
- Corporate planning in E&P
- Macro environment challenges
- Concepts of portfolio management
Participants will learn about corporate planning in E&P companies, including the macro environment challenges companies face. The concepts of portfolio management, including benefits, portfolio theory, corporate or business unit goals, and strategy development are introduced.
Identify and Evaluate Strategies and Scenarios
- Easy-to-use process for portfolio management and optimization
- Identify and evaluate strategies and scenarios and interpret results
- Portfolio management using Merak software
An easy-to-use process for portfolio management and optimization will be presented and discussed. Participants will learn to define and evaluate strategies and scenarios, then analyze and optimize those results in order to make recommendations. The analysis will be done using the Merak Capital Planning software.
Model, Test and Analyze Different Portfolios
- Understanding and defining business rules and project dependencies
- Model and test different strategies
- Analyze and compare different portfolios
- Use visualizations to answer a variety of business questions
Participants will learn how to model and analyze the impact of business rules. The feasibility of different strategies will be modeled and tested. Multiple portfolios will also be analyzed and compared, using visualizations, to answer a variety of business questions.
Portfolio Management and Optimization
- Case studies of industry practices
- Address problems using Portfolio management and optimization
- Group problem challenge
Case studies of industry practices for portfolio optimization will be reviewed. Participants will learn to address various problems in portfolio management, as well as learn the methods and importance of optimization. The course ends with a portfolio challenge that will be addressed by each group.
Anyone in a current or potential business unit or corporate planning role who needs to understand and model the performance of a portfolio for oil and gas projects.
Training courses in Petroleum Economics (EF-TC1-NXT12680) and Decision and Risk Analysis (EF-TC1-NXT13150). Some on the job experience in both economics and risk is preferred, as well as experience with the Merak software. Equivalent on the job experience can substitute for training courses.