Practical AVO and Seismic Inversion with Petrel
Average client rating (based on 230 attendee reviews)
A profitable development of an oil or gas field starts with a good understanding of the subsurface as a basis for efficient and successful field management. The integration of AVO and inversion techniques in Quantitative Interpretation helps to create the best possible petrophysics subsurface model. Improved discrimination of reservoir units are made and models are generated using logs and seismic data. These techniques lead to highly accurate or highly probable (static) subsurface models compatible (if correctly up-scaled) to dynamic reservoir models obtained from reservoir engineering measurements and computations.
The correct use of seismic attributes, well data analysis, AVO and seismic inversion is essential to establish subsurface models that can be used for improved field development planning and design.
Learning, methods and tools:
This course has Petrel exercises to reinforce learning
At the end of the course participants will understand basic concepts in quantitative seismic analysis and interpretation based on AVO, well-to-seismic calibration and inversion techniques. Participants will consolidate their understanding of modern technology with recent field study examples and practical workshop exercises.
This course is also available as a 3 day course without Petrel exercises
- Basic Concepte
- Seismic Processing for AVO and inversion
- Exercise - Pre-stack Seismic Interpretation
- Exercise - Angle stack creation
- Exercise - Non-Rigid Matching
- AVO Theory
- AVO Classificationsand DHI's
- Exercise - AVO Forward Modeling
- Practical applications of AVO analysis – fluid factor, intercept and gradient etc.
- Exercise - AVO Attributes
- Inversion Theory and Methods
- Exercise - Post-stack inversion
- Well to seismic ties and wavelets
- Exercise - Seismic Well Tie
- Low frequency model building
- Exercise - Low frequency model building
- Practical applications of seismic inversion - including lithology discrimination and rock physics inversion.
- Exercise - Pre-stack seismic inversion
- 4D and 3C Inversion
- Exercise - Using Inversion Results
- Stochastic Inversion
- Latest Developments - joint EM-Seismiic Inversion, AVAZ, Zoeppritz Inversion
Seismic Processing for AVO and inversion
Practical applications of AVO analysis – fluid factor, intercept and gradient etc.
Inversion Theory and Methods
Well to seismic ties and wavelets
Low frequency model building
Practical applications of seismic inversion - including lithology discrimination and rock physics inversion.
4D and 3C Inversion
Geologists, petrophysicists, reservoir engineers, processing geophysicists and seismic interpreters involved with exploration and development of oil and gas reservoirs.
Practical knowledge of Petrel software is recommended, but not essential.
Basic Knowledge of applied geophysical principles and seismic interpretation