Project Management Awareness
The Project Management Awareness course is a VILT (virtually instructor led training) course delivered in real time. The course will be taught in 4 hour sessions over a 4 day period and is delivered using the WebEx platform. Our virtual training methodology incorporates passive and active learning in an effort to acheive the best virtual training experience.
This course will provide the basic knowledge and skills required to successfully participate in projects. It is designed to provide the attendees with an overall awareness and introduction to Project Management concepts. The course provides a good basis for any person seeking future career advancement as a Team Lead or with additional training a Project Manager. As a PMI Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) the course follows the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®).
The course is taught over 4 days / 4 hours per day. At the conclusion of the course students will be able to:
- Discuss typical reasons for project failure and illustrate the project life cycle.
- List the components of a project charter, explain the relevance of the project charter to the project execution plan and list the most common elements of the project execution plan.
- Discuss and explain project scope in terms of schedule, budget, quality and work tasks.
- Define monitoring and control process and techniques, explain the project close phase.
Each student will need the following to attend.
- USB Headset
- Video Capabilities (720HD)
- Internet Access
- MS Office
- Project Management Overview & Project Initiation
- Defining projects, project management, programs and other common terminology
- Project management life cycle
- Project roles & responsibilities
- Project Planning
- Project Charter
- Project Execution Plan Overview
- Project Scope
- Project Planning & Project Execution
- Project Schedule
- Project Monitoring
- Risk Management
- Project Execution & Project Close
- Quality Management
- De-mobilizing projects
- Lessons Learned
Project Mangement Lifecycle
Project team members who are seeking to take more project responsibilities as Team Leads or project coordinators