Coaching Mindset and Coaching Principles
- The Five Functions of Navigational Leadership
- The Six Guiding Principles of Navigational Leadership
- The Navigational Leadership Model
- The Art of Conscious Listening
- The Art of the Question Part 1
The learning objectives for day one will be for participants to learn the coaching mindset and The Navigational Leadership principles that turn workplace conversations into coaching conversations. Deciding who to coach and shifting to the coaching mindset will also be covered.
The Art of the Question and Deepening the Coaching Conversation Model
- The Art of the Question Part 2
- The Navigational Leadership Model in Depth
- The Art of Telling
- Integrating Feedback into the Coaching Conversation Model
The learning objectives for day two will be for participants to continue advancing the art of the question and deepening the coaching conversation model. Mastering the art of telling, including feedback conversations, providing positive feedback, corrective feedback, and providing perspective, and knowing how to share wisdom wisely will also be covered. Participants will be immersed in the coaching experience and will be provided tools to use immediately after the workshop.
- How to map networks of influence and identify key points of leverage
- Four approaches to initiating change in others
- A structure for conducting an influential conversation
- The role of likeability in influence and how to be more likeable
- How to plan an influential conversation
Participants will learn to incorporate the use of influence into leadership conversations. Participants will leave with an action plan for applying what they have learned to situations where they wish to exert more influence.
Navigational Leadership Topics Covered
- Be equipped to coach and develop versus direct others to enhance clarity, engagement and results;
- Know how and when to apply the 6 most common and effective leadership styles, including coaching;
- Be equipped to apply a simple 5-step coaching model in day-to-day leadership;
- Explore and maximize greater effectiveness from the “art of telling”;
- Have a simple model of providing feedback in ways that accelerate clarity and development;
- Have a simple model for use when dealing with conflict;
Know who to develop, and when;
- Use a proven foundation of communication with fellow team members, clients and partners.
Influential Conversations Topics Covered
- Influence is central to effective management—the keystone in fact
- To be perceived as an effective and valuable leader;
- When moving things forward with influence, others willingly follow;
- Influence multiplies management leverage;
- To get sustainable engagement, commitment and buy-in;
- Influence builds leadership “muscle” more profoundly than any other skill;
- To experience a lot less conflict and negative behaviors;
- Managing through influence makes increases personal magnetism.
This program is designed specifically for organizational leaders interested in enhancing their capacity to develop and influence others through effective conversations. The material is as suitable for senior leaders as it is for individuals assuming a leadership role for the first time.