The Techlog Python class is designed to introduce users to programming basic and advance scripts in Techlog.
Students will be taught:
- How to create, edit, open and run scripts in Techlog (in a workflow).
- Basic python syntax and programming skills will be explained, few Python and Techlog modules (libraries) will be introduced.
- Advance scripting including reading/writing and creating Techlog modules will be covered.
Introduction to Python
- History and concept
- Python inside Techlog
Introduction to the Python editor
- Open and run scripts
- Understand the basics of programming
- Python syntax and coding rules
Application workflow interface for Python
- Run your own equations in a multi-wells and multi-zones environment
Python additional modules
- Data QC and harmonization, file import, etc. (Techlog Database)
- Custom plots (Techlog Plot)
- Mathematical and scientific tools (Numpy / Scipy)
- Introduction to advanced basics (multi dimensional lists, dictionaries)
- Introduction to oriented object programming
- Read/Write text, csv and excel files
- Import data from excel file and load it inside
- Techlog Database
Software developers or geoscientists with basic programming skills interested in gaining a general understanding of programing in Techlog Python