OFM Fundamentals Using Canada Data Sources
This course is specifically designed for OFM Canadian audience. You are introduced to the primary functionalities of OFM by interacting with an OFM project created using Canada public data sources exported from the IHS database using AccuMap or GeoScout.
The exercises are designed for you to apply OFM workflows in production monitoring and surveillance tasks. You will use standard templates and calculated variables that are used by most of the Oil & Gas companies in Canada. This course strives to immediately apply OFM concepts learned in the classroom into daily work activities.
During the course, you will learn how to visualize and analyze production and reservoir data by using a wide range of OFM modules including Plots, Reports, Maps and Decline Curve Analysis.
- Navigate an OFM project
- Create a new OFM project using Canada public data exported from AccuMap or GeoScout
- Customize OFM workspace
- Explore OFM project database structure
- Add new data tables and calculated variables
- Discover OFM filter techniques to select data
- Create plots and graphs to display data
- Introduce data normalization OFM feature
- Create and customize reports
- Apply OFM decline curve analysis module to assess well reserves
- Explore mapping techniques in OFM including Bubble Maps, Grid Maps and Scatter Plots
Anyone interested in gaining a general understanding of OFM
Attendees should be familiar and comfortable with Windows environment and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of oil and gas production operation is useful but not required.