Studio Manager: SQL Server Environment
Average client rating (based on 211 attendee reviews)
Studio Manager allows data managers to effectively support and manage their Petrel users. It provides applications that allow you to administer, browse, correct, and organize E&P data. Data managers can quickly evaluate the state of their Studio environment—to determine the status of various repositories, review recent user activity, and identify and complete critical data-management tasks. High-level information enables quick access to key indicators and intelligence on the repository you are connected to.
In this course you will learn how to use Studio Manager as the single application to:
- - Manage data in the Studio database for Petrel users
- - Implement and manage collaboration workflows across your teams
- - Apply data management best practices.
The data sets and setup provided for the exercises have been designed to work in a SQL Server environment.
- Introduction to Studio and Studio Manager
- Create repositories, users, roles, create data environments, manage indexes, quality tags, coordinate reference systems and filters.
- Import data: the GUID concept, general transfer rules, transfer messages, data loading in Petrel and data transfer to Studio database, and match rules implementation.
- Identify data issues, manage user attributes, manage global well logs, and find and correct data.
- Make repository copies, snapshots, backup and recovery. Review application logs
- Overview of Studio database installation, uninstallation, upgrade and index migration.
- Data Managers or Data Administrators
- Petrel users with data management responsibilities
- Petrel Fundamentals
- Basic proficiency in a Windows operating system including knowledge about managing Windows services, understanding user accounts and working in a domain, and creating, organizing and sharing folders.