Introduction, Project Set-up and Data Preparation
- Create and manage projects, project settings and defaults, import datasets in SEGY and SEGD formats
- VISTA® dictionaries - creation and editing
- VSP geometry set up
- Trace editing (trace amplitude statistics cross plots, polarity reversals, trace kills)
- First break picking, QC and editing
- Time gate definition (gate window, mute window)
At the end of this session the student will be able to set up the VISTA® project, create the geometry, apply trace edits and pick first breaks.
Data Analysis, Running Flows and Corridor Stack
- Amplitude recovery testing and application (Tpower, ExpGain) and amplitude equalization
- Signal analysis (FK filter design, frequency analysis, S/N ratios, etc.)
- Working with the Header and Attribute Windows (crossplot displays, header math, header mapping and trace statistics)
- Creating, editing and running processing flows in VISTA®
- Flows to separate up-going and down-going components
- Deterministic and statistical deconvolution
- Corridor stack
At the end of this session the student will be able to run data analysis and choose appropriate parameters. They will be able to run flows to separate up and down-going components and create a corridor stack.
Q Attenuation Estimation, VSP Workflow, Migration and AVO
- Q attenuation estimation
- 3C trace rotations
- VSPCDP section (OVSP)
- Walkaway VSP processing workflow
- VSP migration
- Anisotropy parameters estimation (VTI)
- Shear wave splitting detection (Alford rotations)
At the end of this session the student will be able to estimate the Q attenuation, run the walkaway VSP workflow, migrate the data and use the software to estimate anisotropy parameters.
VISTA® Project management tools
Data import and manipulation
VSP processing flow construction
This class is suitable for geophysicists and geologists wanting to learn how to process Zero offset (ZVSP), Offset VSP (OVSP) and walkaway (WVSP) seismic surveys with the VISTA® software package.
A basic understanding of VSP seismic processing concepts. No prior experience with VISTA® is required