PetroMod Quantification of Uncertainty Analyses in Petroleum Systems Modeling
This course provides software training to help geoscientists better understand the geological uncertainties in their 1D, 2D, or 3D petroleum system models. You will learn how to use PetroRisk, the uncertainty modeling tool within the PetroMod Basin & Petroleum Systems Modeling software package. PetroRisk assesses geological uncertainty and follows the entire migration path to provide probabilistic estimates for accumulations.
This course teaches you how to use the PetroMod* PetroRisk module to understand and quantify the uncertainties in your petroleum systems models. The course combines lectures on statistics and uncertainty analysis with practical exercises designed to show the impact of uncertainties in model input data. You will learn about dependencies and correlations between geological processes and model uncertainties.
This workshop is an elective component in the PetroMod Education Services offering. Students successfully completing this course will be able evaluate the impact of geological uncertainties and calibrate their own models.
- Learn basic statistical concepts
- Navigate the PetroRisk user interface
- Import and edit input uncertainties
- Perform statistics runs and evaluate output results
- Continue results evaluation
- Populate the model with risk points for which output results are stored
- Carry out a risk data analysis using Viewer 3D
- Calibrate your model to fit measured values
- Develop workflows for risking and calibrating your model
This course teaches you how to use the PetroMod* PetroRisk module to understand and quantify the uncertainties in your petroleum systems models.
This course is designed to address the needs of exploration asset teams using petroleum systems modeling methodology to assess exploration potential for a basin, sub-basin, or multiple prospect area. In particular, geoscientists working with PetroMod software seeking to understand which geological parameters have the most impact on model results.
- PetroMod Fundamentals course, OG-SW1-SIS10780, or equivalent experience working with PetroMod software
- Familiarity with fundamental principles of statistics