Cluster Management for IT Professionals
This course will introduce the concepts and deployment of an LSF cluster computing environment for ECLIPSE and INTERSECT reservoir simulators under RedHat Linux and how to deploy and use the simulation cluster manager (SCM) application on a Linux cluster hardware configuration.
The first part presents a theoretical awareness of Reservoir Simulation to allow participants to understand how the cluster plays an important role in supporting the reservoir simulation process.
Participants will then be taken through the process of deploying a simulator cluster, including installation, configuration, use, maintenance and troubleshooting.
A detailed overview of the different concepts, functionalities and tasks of the SCM software, including Cluster and workload Management, reporting, monitoring, and job submission. All of these tasks are complemented using hands-on exercises.
- General Reservoir Simulation process and how the simulation cluster software improves it
- ECLIPSE/INTERSECT cluster architecture and components
- Installation, configuration, and validation of a working ECLIPSE/INTERSECT cluster
- Submition and monitoring of simulation jobs
- Performing general maintenance tasks and troubleshooting procedures.
IT Professionals involved in supporting/deploying simulation clusters with relevant RedHat Linux support and maintenance experience over the last 5 years.
IT Background with Linux proficiency