OLGA Process Equipment Workshop
This one day workshop combines lectures and hands-on exercises to discuss the use of the various options for Process Equipment in OLGA. The workshop shows how to use the various options, and, more importantly, when to use them and when not to use them.
Instructor: Richard Shea
- Overview of Process Equipment in OLGA
- Review of Valve Calculation Methods in OLGA
- Summary of the various options available for valves, including examples and recommendations
- Discussion of Check Valves/Standing Valve in OLGA
- Discussion of Heat Exchangers in OLGA
- Presentation of the various types of controllers in OLGA
- Several exercises on controllers including tuning options for PID controllers
- Discussion and an exercise on Separators
- Review of the types of Pumps available in OLGA
- Exercises using Pressure Boost, Multiphase Pump, and Centrifugal Pump
- Discussion and an exercise on Compressors
- Discussion of links to dynamic process simulators using OPC Server
Experienced OLGA users who are interested in learning more about the use of the various process equipment models in OLGA.
Workshop attendees need a working knowledge of the basic OLGA. One year or more experience with the program preferred.