Drain Systems Overview
- Surface water drainage (Open and Closed Systems)
- Equipment oily water drainage (Closed System)
- Layout, capacity, isolation, and sectioning
- Interface requirements
- Safety and environmental requirements
On day one, participants will obtain an overall understanding of industrial drain systems, associated components, and equipment such as fire stops, catch basins, vents, and sealing requirements. System layout including network design and segregation of drainage materials will be discussed. Operating, maintenance, and safety procedures for open drain systems will also be reviewed while stressing safety and environmental compliance and concerns.
Closed Drain and Oily Water Treatment
- Commissioning requirements
- Principles of operation, treatment, and handling
- Inlet and outlet facilities
- Operational and maintenance requirements
- Safety and environmental requirements.
Participants will gain an understanding of the configuration, scope, and operation of closed drainage systems on day two of this course. System activities with respect to commissioning, normal operation, emergency shut down requirements, and maintenance will also be covered. Oil recovery and drain water treatment will be discussed, paying particular attention to health, safety, and environmental compliance.
This course is mainly targeted to process technicians, process technologists, and maintenance personnel. The course can also be applicable to employees working with equipment and materials purchasing, equipment procurement, job planning, and immediate supervisors to the working technicians
Participants should have some recent exposure to oil and gas facility terminology.