Fundamentals of Slickline Operations
Average client rating (based on 56 attendee reviews)
The course will consist of a few theoretical sessions in the classroom with experienced professionals providing presentations of the tools and operations; the participants will also have various practical exposure sessions using the Slickline well/pad and having hands on sessions using the Slickline tools in the workshop.
The class will be 50% in classroom and 50% practical in the workshop and wellsite pad, including access to an actual well.
The course will include a detailed introduction to Slickline equipment and instrumentation used to control, condition and monitor downhole operations.
The course will provide a clear understanding of the primary operations & need for Slickline in the oil & gas industry.
- Slick line unit
- Pressure control equipment
- Tools string components
- Running and pulling tools
- Locks, Standing Valves and Landing Nipples
- Flow control equipment
- Running – Setting – Equalizing & Pulling process
- Shifting tools
- Service and remedial tools
- Changing Gas Lift Mandrels (demonstration)
- Running in well
- History of Slickline
- Well Completion - Theory
- Slickline Units and Powerpacks (Zones) - Theory
- Weight and Depth indicators - Theory
- The Wire (Type -Tests - Log Books) - Theory
- Pressure Control Equipment (What must be controlled) - Theory
- Basic Toolstring Components / Up-stroke Jars - Theory
- Basic Service & Remedial Tools – Theory
- Running and Pulling Tools - Theory
- Locks, Standing Valves and Landing Nipples - Theory
- Baker / Otis / Camco/ PCE Flow Control Equipment - Theory
- Running – Setting – Equalizing & Pulling process - Theory
- Gas Lift theory
- SCSSV's theory
- Wire Testing practicals
- Pressure control equipment - Practical
- Basic Toolstring Components / Up-stroke Jars - Practical
- Pulling tools - Practical
- Shifting tools - Practical
- Open/close SSD on simulator
- Kickover tools -Practical
- Set and retrive Gas Lift valves on simulator
- Otis- Baker-Petroline and PCE locks - Pratical
- Rig-up Slickline (Open Hole)
- RIH Set and Retrive FB-2 Baker 2.75" - Jar - Practical.
- QUIZ (Basic Slickline Training Course)
- Fishing - Theory (Overview). Top wire Calculations.
- Changing Gas Lift Mandrels (demonstration) - Practical
- Quizz – Quiz Review
- Oilfield Calculations.
- SENSA LINE (Optical)-Introduction / DSL-Introduction.
- Round Table / Diplomas
Technicians, supervisors or engineers with little or no prior knowledge of slickline
Familiar with basic well completions and general well intervention operations