Formation Damage and Mitigation
The course is a discussion of formation damage mechanisms and the methods used for mitigation, including a good overview of matrix treatments, in sandstones and carbonates, and hydraulic fracturing in high permeability reservoirs. The alternative of perforating, instead of matrix treatment, is also discussed.
- 1st day quiz
- Damage and Skin
- Completion Effects on Formation Damage
- Matrix Stimulation or Perforating?
- Problem Diagnosis and Well Intervention
- Acidizing Candidate Selection
- Introduction to Stimulation
- Sandstones Stimulation
- Sandstones Stimulation Fluids
- Fracturing High Permeability Formations
- Tip Screen-Out
- Rheology and Properties of Frac Fluids
- Types of Frac Fluids
- Resin Coated Proppants
- Proppant Flowback
- Acidizing Carbonates
- Acid Placement
- Last day quiz
- Round table
Production, Drilling, Reservoir Engineers and other field personnel willing to be introduced to wellbore damage mechanisms and mitigation methods.
Bachelor Degree in a Technical Discipline. Exposure to Oil Field operations is not essential but it will be quite benefitial.