- Introduction to the course
- 1st day quiz
- Introduction to Perforations
- Explosives History and Shaped Charge Technology
- Shaped Charge Design
During the first day, attendants will be submitted to a quiz to identify strengths and topics to be developed, enabling the instructor to optimize the course approach and participants will discuss the equipment used to perforate.
- Tubing Conveyed Perforations (TCP)
- TCP firing heads
- Wireline perforations
- Oriented perforations
During the second day, attendants will discuss conveyance methods and application of oriented perforations.
- Completions without killing
- Geomechanics for Perforating
During the third day, attendants will learn methods to diminish perforating damage and cleaning perforations and the geomechanical concepts applied in perforating.
- API Standard RP19B (2nd Edition)
- Perforating carbonates
- Fracturing process and Perforating Methodology
- High Energy Fracturing Applications
- Perforating injectors
Attendants will discuss the contents and scope of API Standard RP19B and will be initiated in the techniques of perforating carbonates, perforating for hydraulic fracturing and perforating injector wells.
- Perforating weak sands (for sand control)
- Perforating weak sands (for sanding prevention)
- Perforating for production optimization
- Last day quiz
- Round Table
In the last day, attendants will learn the best practices to perforate in weak sands, for sand control completions and for sand management techniques, will discuss production optimization through perforating methods, and will be familiarized with the selection and utilization of propellants.
Explosives charges technologies, hardware, TCP, oriented perforations, completions without killing, geomechanics for perforating, API Standard RP19B, perforating carbonates, perforating for fracturing, perforating for sand control and sand management, propellants.
The course is designed for Production, Completion and Drilling Engineers, as well as other personnel involved in Perforating and other Completion Technologies (Fracturing and Sand Control).
General knowledge in Well Completions and Well Interventions.