- Overview of resources classification
- Classification of resources and reserves
- Supplementary resources and reserves definitions
Day one of this course will begin with a basic overview of resource classification. Participants will learn about the classification of resources and reserves. Supplementary resources and reserve definitions will also be discussed.
- Basic petroleum economics
- Before tax cash flow
- After tax cash flow
- Selecting investments
- Economic limit
On this day participants will learn about petroleum economics. After starting off with the basics, the participants will also learn about before and after tax cash flow. Selecting investments and the economic limit will also be discussed.
- Deterministic reserves estimation methods
- Criteria for analogues
- Field examples of deterministic reserves estimates
Participants will learn about deterministic reserves estimation methods on this day. One main focus will be on the criteria for analogues. On this day planned field examples of the deterministic reserve estimates will be shown to the students.
Statistics, Probability, and Uncertainty
- Statistics, probability, uncertainty
- Expected value and decision trees
On this day participants will learn about statistics, probability, and uncertainty that are associated with reserves. Day four will also cover the expected value of a reserve and the decision tree.
- Simulation and probabilistic reserves estimation
The last day of the course will cover simulation and probabilistic reserve estimations.
Individuals with both geoscience and engineering backgrounds
A basic knowledge of reservoir engineering and petroleum geology, along with an Engineering or GeoSciences degree.