OLGA Flow Assurance (3 days)
Average client rating (based on 361 attendee reviews)
During this three-day course, you will learn how OLGA dynamic multiphase flow simulator is used to understand and solve typical flow assurance challenges.
This interactive and practical course includes step-by-step instructions to build and run simple transient simulation models. Key operational procedures are covered, like shutdown, start-up and pigging. Best practices and workflows are also presented for liquid and hydrate management, slugging recognition and mitigation, and fluid handling in OLGA.
All the main features of the OLGA GUI are covered, allowing you to easily build, edit and run models, create parametric studies, and view the results.
- Introduction to multiphase production hydraulics and thermal issues
- Introduction to OLGA GUI
- Fluid handling in OLGA
- Introduction to the Flow Assurance concept
- Modeling a pipeline using the Pipeline editor
- Simulation of terrain slugging mitigation, hydrodynamic slugging and usage of OLGA Slug tracking
- Construction of a well-pipeline-riser oil system to simulate typical operational scenarios like shut-in, cool down, start-up and depressurization
- Simulation of liquid accumulation and pigging in gas condensate pipeline
- Evaluation of hydrate formation risk and inhibition
Anyone interested in gaining a general understanding of OLGA dynamic multiphase flow simulation to address flow assurance challenges
No previous experience with OLGA is necessary, but a general knowledge of pipe flow and thermodynamics is an advantage.
Doha, located on the Persian Gulf, is the capital city of the state of Qatar.
Doha is home to a number of sports stadiums, many of which were renovated in preparation for the 15th Asian Games, held in December 2006. Doha also hosted the 3rd West Asian Games in December 2005. Doha is also expected to host the 2011 Asian Indoor Games; Doha will also host the finals for the 2011 AFC Asian Cup. Qatar is aiming to be the region's sports capital.
Doha International Airport is Qatar's only international airport. It is the hub of Qatar Airways, and is served by many other international airlines.
From Wikitravel licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
- Timezone : GMT+03:00, Saudi Arabia (Baghdad)