Techlog Acoustics Processing and Interpretation
This course teaches the theory, processing and interpretation of sonic waveforms using Techlog platform. Participants will learn how to QC raw data such as waveforms, and slowness projections. Participant will also learn how to perform field data slownesses relabeling and process acoustic data for formation slownesses and anisotropy. Also, dispersion analysis tools will be explained in detail to allow users to define the most appropriate parameters for their processing.
Furthermore, Slowness processing based on Slowness Time Coherence (STC) technique is covered in detail. Acoustic anisotropy using cross-dipole data is covered from the theory, acquisition, to the final processing of acoustic anisotropy results.
This course includes practical exercises to enhance the learnig experience.
- Borehole acoustics and tool theory
- Acoustics data type in Techlog
- Data import and preparation
- Visualization and QC of Waveforms
- Relabeling on field processed data
- Slowness processing theory and workflows
- Dispersion analysis and its application
- Acoustic anisotropy theory and workflows
- Anisotropy processing using four-component rotation module
- Porosity and Elastic properties calculation from Slownesses
- Application of Sonic data to Petrophysics, Geophysics, Geomechanics etc.
- Geomechanics engineers
- Log analysts and
- any user working with borehole acoustic data such as formation slownesses.