OLGA Fluid Handling Workshop
This one day workshop combines lectures and hands-on examples to better understand the various options that are available in OLGA to simulate the fluid phase behavior and physical property predictions. The workshop shows how to use the various options, and, more importantly, when to use them and when not to use them.
Instructor: Richard Shea
- Use of PVT tables, including generation of tables using Multiflash
- Discussion of Compositional Tracking and example on its use
- Several examples showing problems where Compositional Tracking is essential to properly model the system
- Discussion of Black Oil Modeling and an example on its use
- Discussion of the uses and limitations of Black Oil Modeling
- Discussion of the Single Component Model
- Several exercises using the Single Component Model
- Discussion of the uses and limitations of the Single Component Model
- Discussion of Inhibitor Tracking in OLGA
- Discussion of the Complex Fluids module in OLGA and an exercise showing its use
- Use of the Fluid Definition Tool for drilling fluids
- Miscellaneous fluids topics in OLGA
Experienced OLGA users who are interested in learning more about the use of the various fluids handling models in OLGA.
Workshop attendees need a working knowledge of the basic OLGA. One year or more experience with the program preferred.