Petrel Quantitative Interpretation
Average client rating (based on 82 attendee reviews)
The new Petrel Quantitative Interpretation (QI) course is designed for any experienced geoscientists who wants to perform seismic quantitative interpretation using Petrel. The objective for the user is to get familiar with the new integrated QI modules released with Petrel 2014, located in the Advanced Geophysics perspective.
The user will review the workflows, the theory and the procedures on how to conduct rock physics and fluid substitution studies , AVO studies, AVO seismic attribute generation and how to perform simultaneous and stochastic inversions
- Rock physics
- Rock physics review
- Rock physics workflow
- Rock physics studies
- Fluid substitution in rock physics
- Shear velocity estimation from empirical relationships
- Log blocking Backus workflow
- AVO Modeling
- AVO modeling workflow
- AVO approximations
- AVO classes
- Fitting of AVO approximations to seismic data
- AVO Modeling study
- Wedge modeling
- AVO reconnaissance
- Simultaneous seismic inversion and the Inversion property builder
- What is seismic inversion?
- Inversion preparation: Well tie and wavelet extraction
- Low frequency model building and QC with the Inversion property builder
- Simultaneous inversion and results
- Inversion for 2D Lines
- Data input for AVOZ inversions
- Stochastic seismic inversion
- What is Stochastic inversion?
- Stochastic inversion preparation
- Set up and run a stochastic inversion
- Stochastic inversion run evaluation
- Applications Stochastic inversion results
- Volume attribute modeling
Dr. Alan Brown is an AAPG-certified petroleum geologist with 36 years' experience in the industry and has expertise in the integration and interpretation of multidiscipline geological-geophysical petrophysical surface and subsurface information.
He uses his broad industry experience in oil and gas prospecting, managing production unit geological evaluation and optimizing reservoir performance to deliver practical training for the practicing geoscientist or petroleum engineer.
Geophysicists and geologists experienced with Petrel and with good knowledge in :
- the Reservoir characterization workflow
- Seismic interpretation and seismic well tie
Petrel Geophysics foundation and skill level courses.