Fundamentals of Slickline Operations
Average client rating (based on 68 attendee reviews)
The course will consist of a few theoretical sessions in the classroom with experienced professionals providing presentations of the tools and operations; the participants will also have various practical exposure sessions using the Slickline well/pad and having hands on sessions using the Slickline tools in the workshop.
The class will be 50% in classroom and 50% practical in the workshop and wellsite pad, including access to an actual well.
The course will include a detailed introduction to Slickline equipment and instrumentation used to control, condition and monitor downhole operations.
The course will provide a clear understanding of the primary operations & need for Slickline in the oil & gas industry.
- Slick line unit
- Pressure control equipment
- Tools string components
- Running and pulling tools
- Locks, Standing Valves and Landing Nipples
- Flow control equipment
- Running – Setting – Equalizing & Pulling process
- Shifting tools
- Service and remedial tools
- Changing Gas Lift Mandrels (demonstration)
- Running in well
- History of Slickline
- Well Completion - Theory
- Slickline Units and Powerpacks (Zones) - Theory
- Weight and Depth indicators - Theory
- The Wire (Type -Tests - Log Books) - Theory
- Pressure Control Equipment (What must be controlled) - Theory
- Basic Toolstring Components / Up-stroke Jars - Theory
- Basic Service & Remedial Tools – Theory
- Running and Pulling Tools - Theory
- Locks, Standing Valves and Landing Nipples - Theory
- Baker / Otis / Camco/ PCE Flow Control Equipment - Theory
- Running – Setting – Equalizing & Pulling process - Theory
- Gas Lift theory
- SCSSV's theory
- Wire Testing practicals
- Pressure control equipment - Practical
- Basic Toolstring Components / Up-stroke Jars - Practical
- Pulling tools - Practical
- Shifting tools - Practical
- Open/close SSD on simulator
- Kickover tools -Practical
- Set and retrive Gas Lift valves on simulator
- Otis- Baker-Petroline and PCE locks - Pratical
- Rig-up Slickline (Open Hole)
- RIH Set and Retrive FB-2 Baker 2.75" - Jar - Practical.
- QUIZ (Basic Slickline Training Course)
- Fishing - Theory (Overview). Top wire Calculations.
- Changing Gas Lift Mandrels (demonstration) - Practical
- Quizz – Quiz Review
- Oilfield Calculations.
- SENSA LINE (Optical)-Introduction / DSL-Introduction.
- Round Table / Diplomas
Technicians, supervisors or engineers with little or no prior knowledge of slickline
Familiar with basic well completions and general well intervention operations
Bandung is the capital of West Java province in Indonesia. Located 768 m (2,520 ft) above sea level, Bandung has relatively year-around cooler temperature than most other Indonesian cities
Bandung is renowned for its large stock of Dutch colonial architecture; most notably the tropical Art Deco architectural style. The modern and native architectural blending was followed by several Dutch architects that have shaped the city landmarks. In the 1930s, Bandung was known also as the city of architecture laboratory because of many Dutch architects made some experiments with new architectural designs.
Bandung has served for popular weekend-break destination for people living in Jakarta for many reasons. The cooler climate of highland plantation area, the varieties of food, the cheaper fashion shops located in factory outlets and distros, golf courses, and the friendliness of local people have become the main attraction of the city.
Bandung Husein Sastranegara International Airport serves direct flights to Batam, Surabaya, Yogyakarta, Denpasar, Palembang and Padang and also international services from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore Changi Airport. The airport is located nearby the Dirgantara aerospace complex and Dirgantara Fairground.
From Wikitravel licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
- Timezone : GMT+07:00, Bangkok (Bangkok)