Petrel Reservoir Engineering - 3 Day
Average client rating (based on 773 attendee reviews)
This course introduces reservoir engineers and asset teams to the interactive Petrel reservoir engineering
In this course, you will build a 3D simulation model inside Petrel based on geological input data. Add wells, and well control rules, create black oil fluid models and rock physics functions, submit the model to the simulators, and modify it. The well and completion engineering workflow is introduced, and the history matching modification discussed (add aquifer, property modification, end point scaling, case conversion).
The hands-on exercises are structured to enable the trainee apply the software skills obtained during training and cover most of the Petrel simulation workflows. Overall, pre-processing and post-processing of simulation data will be done within the Petrel environment.
A simulation case study is given at the end of the course to apply most of what you have learned during this course in a more realistic scenario.
- Reservoir engineering in Petrel
- Petrel user interface
- Rock Physics and Fluid models
- Simulation initialization
- Petrel Volume calculation
- Dynamic modelling
- Dynamic modelling
- Well path design
- Completion design
- Summary results analysis
- 3D results analysis
- History matching workflow
- Modify a simulation model
- Introduction to workflows
- Simulation case editor
- Simulation study challenge
- Screen alternative production extension strategies
- Optimize chosen concept
- Quantify sensitivities to model uncertainty
The goal of the simulation study exercises is to give you the opportunity to apply most of what you have learned during this course in a more realistic scenario. Each exercise contains a description of the scenario and the main steps. The idea is to let you solve the designed scenario tasks by yourself. Few tips are given in each exercise to encourage you to find your own way to complete the task.
- Introduction to Petrel
- Model initialization and volume calculation
- Dynamic modeling: development strategies
- Well engineering
- Simulation run and results viewing
- Introduction to history matching
- Simulation study exercise
Development and exploration petroleum engineers, reservoir engineers and geoscientists.
General knowledge of reservoir engineering, and/or petroleum geology, geophysics.