- Introduction to Well Integrity: Why Monitor Well Integrity?
- Overview: Problems causing well integrity
- Depth control in cased hole.
- Well Head Pressure Control.
- Well Head pressure variations with time, caused by depletion, gas lift and the variations in the borehole fluid contents.
- Leak Detection tools:
- Noise logs.
- Temperature logs.
- Oxygen activation to measure water flow.
- Communication Testing to check zonal isolation.
- Spontaneous Potential Electro-Kinetic anomalies.
- Borehole spinner.
1-hour Workshop on leak detection.
- Primary Cementing.
- Squeeze Cementing.
- Cement Evaluation Tools. This includes:
- Basic Cement Bond Log and Variable Density Log.
- BHGE Family of tools: SBT, INTeX, RAL
- Ultrasonic Imaging.
- Isolation Scanner.
- Through Tubing Cement Evaluation (SCMT)
- Field Examples of cement evaluations.
- Most (90%) of corrosion takes place on the casing outer wall. Cement quality effects on initiation corrosion and on the rate of corrosion.
1-hour Workshop on Cement Evaluation.
- Corrosion Mechanisms: Various Corrosion Mechanisms
- Galvanic Corrosion: Includes galvanic, pitting, crevice and uniform corrosion.
- Chemical Corrosion- this is mainly caused by H2S and CO2 Corrosion.
- Stress corrosion: the effect of casing stresses on corrosion propagation.
- Multimedia display of the various corrosion mechanisms.
- Outline of the various factors that initiates and propagates the various corrosion mechanisms.
- Corrosion Monitoring
- The physics of the various corrosion Monitoring Tools: This includes-
- Electromagnetic thickness measurement; this includes the EMT tool of Schlumberger and the Gowell Magnetic Thickness Tool (MTD).
- UCT: Ultrasonic Casing Thickness imager.
- Flux Leakage Tools.
- Electric Current Leakage tool:
- This covers the Cathodic Protection and Evaluation Tool (CPET)
- Cathodic Protection:
- Outline of the theory and applications of cathodic protection.
- Detailed field examples.
- Types of explosives; hardware, primary and secondary explosives.
- Perforation conveyance.
- Perforations Efficiency.
- Overbalanced and underbalanced perforations
1-hour Workshop on Cathodic Protection.
- Temperature Logging Tools and their applications under shut-in and flowing conditions.
- Temperature signatures.
- Temperature data base application.
- Signatures in Lost circulation zones.
- Temperature modelling used to estimate flowrates in oil and water producing zones.
- Permanent Temperature sensors.
- Fibre Optics temperature sensors.
- Theory and applications.
- Field Examples
1-hour Workshop on temperature profiling.
- Uneven Depletion and resulting Crossflow:
- Causes of uneven depletion.
- Modelling of uneven depletion.
- Basic Production Logging
- Spinner Calibrations.
- Using 2 chokes to estimate Productivity Index.
- Estimating Productivity index (PI) and reservoir pressure (Pr) for each zone
- Estimating the inter-zone crossflow caused by uneven depletion
- Water and Gas Coning:
- Basics of water and gas coning.
- Detection of conning.
- Coning evaluations and field examples.
1-hour Workshop on Uneven Depletion and on Coning.
This course is a must for all production and completion engineers. Petrophysicists will benefit greatly from this course that covers most of the cased hole data acquisition. The interpretation processes of the various data used, involves little mathematics. No previous cased hole knowledge, or special expertise is needed.
Greater than 2 years of experience interpreting cased hole logs or attendance in the Intermediate Production Logging and Reservoir Monitoring course is recommended
Doha, located on the Persian Gulf, is the capital city of the state of Qatar.
Doha is home to a number of sports stadiums, many of which were renovated in preparation for the 15th Asian Games, held in December 2006. Doha also hosted the 3rd West Asian Games in December 2005. Doha is also expected to host the 2011 Asian Indoor Games; Doha will also host the finals for the 2011 AFC Asian Cup. Qatar is aiming to be the region's sports capital.
Doha International Airport is Qatar's only international airport. It is the hub of Qatar Airways, and is served by many other international airlines.
From Wikitravel licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
- Timezone : GMT+03:00, Saudi Arabia (Baghdad)