Fundamentals of Well Testing - Heriot-Watt University Course
The course provides an understanding of the fundamental of well testing and its integration with geology. The course content includes:
- Fundamentals of steady-state and pseudo-steady-state flow and productivity Index calculation.
- Skin and Dietz Shape factor concepts.
- Solution to the analytical equations including principle of superposition to analysis transient drawdown and buildup well test data and obtain permeability and skin.
- Wellbore storage, type curve matching and diagnostic derivative applications and limitations.
- Semi-infinite flow theory for fault detection.
- Solution to the analytical equations to analysis semi-steady state drawdown and buildup well test data and obtain drainage area, shape factor and average reservoir pressure.
- Principle of distributed pressure measurements and its application for exploration and development purposes.
An introduction to Numerical well testing and its application to characterize complex fluid and reservoir types will also be given.
- Radial Flow in Porous Media
- Pressure Transient Analysis in Drawdown and Buildup
- Pressure Transient Analysis in Drawdown and Buildup (continued)
- Wellbore storage and Type Curve Matching
- Semi-infinite System Late Transient Analysis
- Well in a Bounded Drainage Area
- Well in a Bounded Drainage Area (continued)
- Distributed Pressure Measurement
- Exploration Application of Distributed Pressure Measurement.
- Field Development Application of Distributed Pressure Measurement.
- Numerical well testing and its application to characterize complex fluid and reservoir types.
Wide range of technical personnel