Geomechanics for Unconventional
The geomechanics training program for unconventionals combines geomechanics, hydraulic fracture design and acoustic log interpretation. This provides a team of subsurface specialists and production engineers with an integrated learning experience focussed on geomechanics related aspects of shale gas and other unconventionals.
Description of course progression
- Fundamentals of geomechanics introduces the subject and its various applications in the petroleum cycle from exploration, appraisal through to development and production and can be provided as a blended class using Techlog Geomechanics
- Specific Geomechanics classes for each type of unconventional resource (shale gas, heavy oil or coal-bed methane) introduce the specific geomechanics aspects for production in each case
- Mangrove-related software training classes provide specific knowledge related to the latest Schlumberger Hydraulic Fracture design technology, which includes geomechanics stress modeling capabilities
- Techlog Acoustic processing introduces the basic processing and interpretation steps of acoustic logs using the Techlog software suite
- Rock physics and Practical aspects of acoustics provide domain and software knowledge related the use of anisotropy particularly in shale gas applications.
View Course Schedule Example