Microsoft Project 2013
The course will demonstrate that Microsoft Project™ is designed to align with all the essential elements of a structured project. Microsoft Project™ software was built as a tool for project managers and covers nearly all the aspects of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) from the Project Management Institute (PMI®). The course will include exercises and case studies for application of the concepts.
MS Project Basics
- Introduction to MS Project
- Navigation in MS Project
- Entering scope in MS Project including Work Breakdown Structure, dependencies, and linking of tasks
The first day will be devoted to understanding how MS Project works and what makes it different than Excel for managing projects.
- Entering time and creating the Gantt Chart
- Entering and managing resources
- Use an oil and gas case industry –based case study to apply the skills.
This day will focus on the participants’ use of MS Project to manage time and people. This day will also include a case study for students to apply the skills learned.
- Entering costs including the resource sheet, fixed costs, variable costs and materials costs
- Base lining and tracking a project in MS Project including calculating Earned Value
- Oil and gas industry-based case study to apply the skills
The last day will cover entering costs into MS Project as well as base lining and tracking a project. The day will end with participants applying their skills to an oil and gas industry-based case study.
Students who wish to know the basic goals and approach of Microsoft Project™ 2013 in managing oil and gas projects.
An understanding of the fundamentals of project management and each participant must have a laptop and prior experience in managing project scope, time, and costs.