Stepping, Handling, & Lifting Techniques for Oil & Gas Operations (INSTRUCTOR TRAINING)
This 5-day course will train the Candidate to effectively deliver a Stepping, Handing, and Lifting Injury Prevention course. This train-the-trainer course includes assessment and coaching (using videotaping) on presentation skills as well as the technical aspects of the SHL Techniques.
The Body Control Techniques maximize the employee’s stability, strength, balance, and control, to minimize Stepping, Handling, & Lifting injuries. The Instructors will learn to teach a course of hands-on skills training and incorporate certain aspects of Personal Protective Equipment use and the practice of Observation / Intervention with regard to Stepping, Handling & Lifting activities in an Oilfield environment.
The Techniques are derived from the principles of human factors research, ergonomics, Kinesiology, sports performance research and Martial Arts.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Teaching HSE
- Presenting SIPP
- Discussion of the Concept "Working with the Mind".
- Examination of the Course Materials for SIPP
- SIPP Presentation Techniques
- Questions/Answers from Day #1
- Presentation Techniques
- Summary of Day #2 and the Remainder of the Course.
- SIPP Technique
- Questions/Answers from Day #2
- Presentation Technology "Tug of War"
- Behavior-Based Safety (BBS)
- Notice of Accident / Investigation
- Review of the SIPP Program
- The Concept of "Behavioral Training" for Office Staff
- Review of Day #3
- Assign Final Presentation Topics
- Questions/Answers from Day #3
- Working with Comments - Process
- Working with Comments - Practice
- Working with Comments - QUEST
- Practice Presentations
- Questions/Answers from Day #4
- Final Presentations
- Class Wrap Up and Presentation of Certificates
Those who would lead the program of Injury Prevention Training.
To be successful, Candidates for SHL Instructor should have previous HSE qualifications and experience, and/or academic qualifications in Kinesiology, physical therapy, or advanced medical training (Medic, Nurse).