Petrel Seismic Well Tie VILT
The purpose of this course is to explore the workflows and functionality of the Integrated Seismic Well Tie process in Petrel.
You will be guided through the required steps to generate the Seismic well tie, covering the 4main workflows: Sonic Calibration,Log editing, Wavelet Extraction and Synthetic Generation. Supporting these workflows, you will have access to the Log Conditioning and Wavelet toolbox, which provide interactive functionalities for the creation or manipulation of the different inputs used in the Seismic well tie workflows.
- Loading Checkshot Data
- Applying Well TDR
- Log Conditioning
- Sonic Calibration workflow
Challenge: Sonic Calibration
Daily wrap-up & Discussion
- Seismic Well-Tie (SWT) Overview
- Analytical Wavelet Generation
- Statistical Wavelet Extraction
- Deterministic Wavelet Extraction
Challenge: Synthetic Generation Daily wrap-up & Discussion
- Integrated Seismic Well tie
- Multi-well Synthetic Generation
- Multi-wavelet Extraction
- Time varying wavelet
- Depth Seismic Calibration
Challenge: Depth Seismic Calibration
Final wrap-up and Review
- Basic concepts and theory
- Checkshots and well TDR
- Quality control and editing of well data - checkshots, sonic and density logs
- Sonic calibration
- Analytical, statistical and deterministic wavelet extraction
- Wavelet Creation and Extraction
- Synthetic Seismogram Generation
- Multi-well synthetic generation
- Multi-wavelet extraction
Geophysicists, geologists, and petro-technical personnel with prior experience in Petrel.
General knowledge of petroleum geology and geophysics; Petrel Fundamentals and Geophysics courses or similar experience in Petrel.