Reservoirs and Logging
- Reservoir rock and basic logging
- Life of a well
- Spontaneous Potential (SP)
- Natural Gamma Rays (GR) and the six basics of resistivity
On the first day, participants will take a brief look at reservoir rocks and the basics of logging. They will learn about the life of a well and the spontaneous potential. Natural Gamma Rays and the six basics of resistivity will also be covered. The day will end with an interpretation workshop over SP and GR applications to obtain water salinities, shale volumes, and clay type.
Types of Measurements
- Acoustic measurements
- Neutron porosity measurement
- Density measurements
- Deep reading resistivity (Rt)
Day two will focus on the different types of measurements. Acoustic and neutron porosity measurements will be covered, along with density measurement. Deep reading resistivity (Rt) will also be discussed. The day will end with an interpretation workshop over estimating porosity and lithology.
Rxo, Archie’s Equation, and Vsh
- Shallow reading resistivity (Rxo)
- Archie's Equation and determining saturation
- Computing the value of Vsh
- Interpretations for reservoir characterization
The third day will focus on Rxo, Archie’s Equation, and Vsh. Participants will learn about shallow reading resistivity (Rxo), Archie’s Equation and determining saturation, and the computing of the value of Vsh. Interpretations for reservoir characterization will also be covered. The day will end with a workshop over estimating water saturations.
Carbonate Challenge and Wireline Formation Testing
- Computing Sw in the presence of Shale
- The carbonates challenge
- Wireline Formation Testing (WFT)
- The NExT 3-Line Interpretation Method
Day four will teach participants about computing SW in the presence of Shale, Wireline Formation Testing, and the NExT 3-Line Interpretation Method. Participants will also learn about the carbonates challenge on this day. Day four will conclude with pressure gradient interpretation and 3-line visual log workshops.
NMR, MWD, LWD, and Borehole Imaging
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (NMR)
- Borehole imaging
- Measurement while drilling (MWD) and Logging While Drilling (LWD)
On the last day participants will learn about Magnetic Resonance Imaging (NMR), borehole imaging, Measurements While Drilling (MWD), and Logging While Drilling (LWD). The course will conclude with an end of course test to quantify improvements and the course benefits for each participant.
This course is intended for all engineers and technicians in the following fields, drilling, reservoir, geology, productions, petrophysics, and geophysics. This course could also benefit newcomers to the industry.