OLGA Well Dynamics
Average client rating (based on 101 attendee reviews)
Successful well design and operations require an understanding of transient multiphase flow behavior. The OLGA* Well Dynamics course offers a good balance between well flow dynamics fundamentals and hands-on OLGA software skills. The course helps beginners to quickly grasp the “dynamic flow” concept, learn to run OLGA software independently, and gain a solid foundation for developing advanced modeling capabilities.
The course teaches you how to build “What if” cases using the OLGA dynamic multiphase flow simulator for basic well design and engineering, to map operational limits, and to establish operational procedures. In addition, you learn about typical operational well events such as shut-down and startup, artificial lift, and clean-up. Each OLGA “What if” case illustrates how transient flow affects the system and how the surroundings can interact with the well.
- Introduction to multiphase production hydraulics and thermal issues
- Introduction to OLGA GUI
- Fluid handling in OLGA
- Well model building in OLGA
- Inflow performance relationship modeling and injectivity modeling in OLGA
- Annulus modeling and communication between annulus and production strings
- Artificial lift (ESP/Gas-lift) modeling with OLGA
- Mud and well engineering fluid modeling and applications
- Well operation scenarios included in the exercises:
- Steady-state simulation and parametric study
- Shut-in and start-up
- Simple gas-lift modeling
- Well-pipeline integrated modeling for slugging simulation
- Transient operations of smart wells with ICVs
- Gas well liquid loading simulation
- Advanced gas-lift modeling including unloading simulations
- ESP modeling
- Wellbore cleanup
Production and Well Performance engineers, especially suitable for Offshore Well operation scenarios
No previous OLGA experience is necessary, but knowledge of well performance and multiphase flow modeling is an advantage.