The digital learning ecosystem An efficient management approach to capability development, delivering smarter teams, improved productivity and better business outcome for the managers.
The digital learning ecosystem Digitally and seamlessly connecting you, the learner, with pertinent learning objects and related technologies ensuring systematic, engaging and continued learning.
Industry and client recognition
Best Outreach Program Finalist: WorldOil Awards
Overall Customer Satisfaction Score
Training provider of the year: 2013, 14 and 15
Upstream learning simulator With more than 50,000 participants instructed in various disciplines, data driven OilSim runs real-world oil and gas business scenarios and technical challenges.Engaging. Educational. Enjoyable
Participants in this case will gain an understanding of the nature of transient and dynamic processes in the drilling system, especially those in high-angle and extended reach wells. They will gain knowledge to better interpret the behavior observed while drilling wells, enabling a more informed choice of drilling components and parameters to drill wells. Much of the course content is based on the instructor’s own work at a Schlumberger research centre.
Day 1: Introduction
· Long and short timescale effects
· Different modes of dynamic behaviour
· Axial motion
· Fluid dynamics introduction
· Rotational dynamics introduction
Day 1-2 : Rotational and fluid dynamics
· Rotational self-excitation, starting and ceasing rotation
· Stick-slip phenomena
· Fluid dynamics - pump starts and flow changes
· Dynamics of drilling with positive displacement motors
Day 3: Autodrillers
· Drilling under weight control
· Drilling under pressure control
Day 3-4: Lateral buckling
· Critical buckling load variation with hole angle and hole size
· Buckling transitions
· Propagation of displacement through touch points
Day 4: Lateral dynamics
· The dynamics of cylindrical pipe in high angle wells
· The dynamics of drill pipe in high angle wells
Drilling Engineers, Well Drilling engineers, Drilling and Completion superintendents, Drilling supervisors, and other personnel that are involved in the planning and drilling of high-angle and extended reach wells.
Downhole tool and surface equipment engineers wishing to understand more about the dynamic environment of drilling equipment. Participants should be competent in engineering mathematics.
Customize your own learning journey and track your progress when you start using a defined learning path.