Stepping, Handling, & Lifting Techniques for Oil and Gas Operations Employees
The course has been designed to teach Body Control Techniques that maximize the employee’s stability, strength, and control, to minimize Stepping, Handling, & Lifting injuries. The course is hands-on skills training and incorporates certain aspects of Personal Protective Equipment use and the practice of Observation / Intervention with regard to Stepping, Handling & Lifting activities in an Oilfield environment.
The Techniques are derived from the principles of human factors research, ergonomics, Kinesiology, sports performance research and Martial Arts.
Topics, In Blended Learning Format:
- Value of Teamwork to Injury Prevention;
- Workplace physiology and human-body mechanics;
- Pre-work Warm Up Exercises;
- Stepping, Handling & Lifting (SHL) Body Protection Techniques;
- Classroom practice and application of SHL Techniques;
- Application of Observation / Intervention and Motivation in the workplace;
- Hand & Boot Safety Emphasis;
- Classroom practice in Observation / Intervention on SHL Techniques;
- Optional Worksite practice in SHL Techniques and Observation / Intervention Techniques.
Any employee working outside of the office environment can benefit from these Body Control Techniques.