1) Introduction To Shales
• A North American Success Story
• International Growth Potential
2) Shale vs Conventional – What’s Different?
• Geology – What’s different?
• Petrophysics – What’s different?
• Geomechanics – What’s different?
• Well Engineering – What’s different?
• Drilling & Completions Operations – What’s different?
• Production Management – What’s different?
• Exploration, Appraisal & Development Frame Work – What’s different?
3) Integrated Data to Decision Workflows
4) Technologies, Performance Improvement & Best Practices
• Early Exploration
• Drilling Performance Improvement
• Well Performance Improvement
• Social & Environmental Sustainability
5) Project Management Challenges
This course provides attendees a broad overview of the current state of art in shale exploitation. Participants will understand what’s different between shales and conventional reservoirs going through the various phases of exploitation such as exploration, appraisal, drilling, completion, development/production and project man-agement. The course will help in demystifying the complexities of shale and make it easier for participants to understand and relate to within their own domains and backgrounds.
Key Learning Elements
• A basic understanding of shale resources, the technical challenges involved and the scientific & tech-nological advancements in the field to date.
• Past industry performance, current best practices and opportunities for improved economic perfor-mance with higher levels of environmental & social sustainability
Technical & Non-Technical Managers & Staff, Functional and Support Managers & Staff, Contracts & Procurement Managers, Business Leaders & Managers, Financial Institutions, New Shale Entrants, University Graduates.
“Basics of Shale Prospects” is an awareness level course designed for participants of all technical and non-technical backgrounds. It is equally suited for professionals who have existing knowledge & experience in conventional reservoirs and would like to develop a broader understanding of shales, the challenges involved in their exploration & development and the technological solutions developed by the industry.
Basic knowledge of E&P Oil and Gas Industry