OLGA Heat Transfer Workshop
This one day workshop combines lectures and hands-on examples to better understand the various options that are available in OLGA to predict heat transfer. The workshop includes discussion of which model to use for a set of typical examples.
- Review of heat transfer fundamentals
- Review of heat transfer models in OLGA
- Standard radial heat transfer method, including examples
- Discussion of buried pipeline modeling in standard OLGA including example
- Importance of pipeline wall modeling in transient operations, including examples
- Discussion of Heat transfer in wellbores and examples for:
- Annulus keyword
- Modeling of the extent of the heat front into the surrounding rock
- Discussion of FEMTherm, including model examples for:
- Buried pipeline
- Semi-buried pipeline
- Buried pipelines with cover
- Bundled pipelines
- Modeling of heavy oil transport pipelines, including example
Experienced OLGA users who are interested in learning more about heat transfer prediciton in OLGA.
Workshop attendees need a working knowledge of the basic OLGA. One year or more experience with the program preferred.