HSE for Front-Line Supervisors in Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
This course teaches the fundamentals of supervising the health, safety, security, and environmental aspects of field work in the Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Industry Sector. Please note that the content of this course is tailored based on the client requirement using some of the 12 NExT-HSE Modules listed in QLMS.
- Course Introduction & Workshop
- Concepts of Management Systems
- The Oil & Gas Producers Association (OGP) Management System
- Spiral to Disaster Video
- Spiral to Disaster Discussions and Workshop
- Roles & Responsibilities for Supervisors in HSE
- SMART Objectives, & Workshop
- The Concept of a Safety & Loss Prevention Committee (SLPC)
- The Roles of the SLPC
- Leadership of an SLPC
- Meeting Management Skills & Workshop
- Review of Day 1
- Decision-Making Styles & Workshop (DiSC)
- - Dominance: Direct, decisive independent and to the point; results oriented; often strong-willed.
- - Influence: Optimistic, social and out-going; enjoy teamwork; share openly; entertains and motivates others.
- - Steadiness: Team player; cooperative and supportive; good listener; prefer being in the background; stable environment; avoids conflict and change.
- - Conscientiousness: Cautious and concerned; focused on quality, details and accuracy.
- Working in a team & Workshop
- Conflict Management for Front-Line Supervisors
- Coaching Techniques for Front-Line Supervisors
- Problem Solving Techniques & Workshop
- Review of Day 2
- Hazard Assessment and Analysis
- Using a 5X5 Matrix for Risk Analysis
- Class Exercises & Team Workshops on Hazard Assessment, Analysis, and Risk Control
- Team Presentations & Class Critiques
- Environmental Risks in O&G E&P and the Supervisors’ Role
- Occupational Health Risks in O&G E&P and the Supervisors’ Role
- Workshops on Enviro & Health Risk Assessments & Control
- Review of Day 3
- Team sessions and Presentations of Enviro & Health Risk Assessment & Control Workshops
- Behavior-Based Safety
- Motivation Theory
- The Role of the Supervisor in Observation & Intervention & Workshop
- Loss Causation Model
- The Role of the Supervisor in Investigations
- Assessment and Auditing
- Workshops on Investigations
- Management of Change
- Individual Action Plan Presentations
The course is designed for the front line supervisor/line manager and can be applied to supervisors in the service sector as well as entry-level engineer-employees of an Operator.