Petrel Advanced Wells
This course builds on the Petrel Reservoir Engineering course and goes more in depth on modeling of deviated wells.The standard well modeling with ECLIPSE and FrontSim treats the entire well bore as a single entity and therefore cannot take into account pressure changes along the well bore due to friction, valves or pumps. Such devices are often used with horizontal wells to control the inflow profile along the well trace.
To model these effects, the multi segmented well model must be used. This course explains the capabilities of this well model and how to use Petrel to set it up. How to add completions such as valves and pumps and how to make development strategies utilizing the equipment is also covered. Sector models can be useful to study parts of a reservoir.
This course shows how to define sectors, how to select boundary conditions and how to run sector models.
- The standard well model vs the multi segmented well model
- Pressure drop along horizontal wells
- Designing horizontal wells and wells with laterals
- Setting up multi segmented wells
- Completion design for multi segmented wells
- Development strategies with group control
- Sector models
Reservoir Engineers or geoscientists with good domain experience.
Petrel Reservoir Engineering or equivalent experience.