Practical Well Completions: Downhole Tools and Basic Systems
This 2-day practical course introduces well-completion concepts and downhole tools. It familiarizes attendees with subsurface equipment, tools, procedures and processes, including the basics of shaped-charge manufacturing and oil-well perforating, sandface completions and artificial-lift technologies. The agenda comprises lecture presentations, videos and animations, and a Houston-area field trip.
- Well-completions overview
- Multilateral wells and wellbore junction systems
- Liner hanger systems
- Packers—cased-hole and openhole
- Bridge plugs and tubular accessorie
- Passive inflow control device (ICD) concept
- Sand-control, screens and sandface completions
- Multi-stage stimulation equipment
- Barrier, or isolation, valves
- Subsurface safety valves
- Permanent downhole flow-control valves
- Intelligent completions for monitoring and control
- Artificial lift—gas lift and electrical submersible pumps
Visit to Schlumberger manufacturing and engineering facilities to view equipment displays, models and demonstrations.
Basic completion concepts, multilaterals and junctions, sandface completions, multi-stage equipment, intelligent completions, artificial lift.
Oil and gas well professionals in need to learn basic concepts of well completions.
Basic knowledge of oil and gas well drilling and operations.