The digital learning ecosystem An efficient management approach to capability development, delivering smarter teams, improved productivity and better business outcome for the managers.
The digital learning ecosystem Digitally and seamlessly connecting you, the learner, with pertinent learning objects and related technologies ensuring systematic, engaging and continued learning.
Industry and client recognition
Best Outreach Program Finalist: WorldOil Awards
Overall Customer Satisfaction Score
Training provider of the year: 2013, 14 and 15
Upstream learning simulator With more than 50,000 participants instructed in various disciplines, data driven OilSim runs real-world oil and gas business scenarios and technical challenges.Engaging. Educational. Enjoyable
Develop measurable skills and capabilities
Seismic data has been the main stay of geophysical interpretation. Although within Quantitative Interpretation it became clear that seismic only showed us one aspect of the subsurface, namely changes in acoustic impedance. This was sufficient for structural interpretation but in the oil and gas industry we are mainly interested in the fluid content of the (reservoir) rocks. From the behaviour of the reflection amplitude with source-receiver offset we can in favourable circumstances also get an idea of the pore-fluids. It is clear that additional data are needed. These additional data can traditionally be found in potential field data (gravity and magnetic data) and recently in electromagnetic data (interestingly enough the oldest exploration tool). Especially in Controlled Source (deep) marine Electro-Magnetic methods can we measure the reservoir resistivity directly which is a direct indicator that it could contain hydrocarbons? On land in remote areas the Magneto-Telluric Method is an efficient exploration tool. However, none of these methods will solve all problems, but in combining them we gain more than just the sum of the individual benefits
• Introduction to Geophysical Methods
• The role of Non-Seismic Methods in the E& P business
• Gravity Surveying
• Determination of contour map anomalies
• Calculation of gravity responses
• Determination of Gravity resolution of bodies, anticlines and faults
• Depth estimation methods: Half-width, Gradient-amplitude
• Exercises on paper and using computer softwareDay 2
Magnetics and Electrical Methods
• Introduction to Magnetic and Electrical methods
• Gravity and Magnetic signatures
• (Poisson’s) Relationship between Gravity and Magnetic responses
• Electrical surveying methods
• Calculations of resistivity profiles, effective resistivity
• Exercises on paper and using computer softwareDay 3
• EM: diffusion or wave-propagation ?
• Land EM: TEM surveying
• MT: surveying & modelling
• Marine EM:CSEM surveying
• Calculations of E refraction, MT resolution, EM skin depth & velocity
• Exercises on paper and using computer softwareDay 4
• EM Terminology
• Exercises: CSEM Scripps Modelling: 3 layers
• Exercises: CSEM Scripps Modelling: 5 layers
• Joint Inversion TE & TM, CSEM & MT, Gravity & AMT & MTDay 5
Time-Lapse & Joint Inversion
• Time-Lapse Gravity & Electrical Methods
• Introduction to Machine Learning
• Machine Learning Applications in non-Seismic Geophysics
• How much to spend on new acquisition & Processing
Geo-scientists, who need to plan multi-geophysical-data acquisition and who need to decide on which data should be acquired for exploration, appraisal and interpretation. Interpreters who need to combine the information contained in the various data sets: seismic, potential field (gravity and magnetic) and electrical and electromagnetic data.
Emphasis in the course will be on active participation in discussions and interaction between participants and with the course instructor. Participants will be divided into teams. Each team in turn will give a summary of the main learning points of the day and design and discuss with the participants. The participants will quite actively apply the methods in partly paper-based and partly computer-based exercises to enhance the learning. Also videos will be shown illustrating the methods.
Awareness of the exploration and appraisal phases in the search for hydrocarbons and some knowledge of seismic acquisition, processing and interpretation.
Customize your own learning journey and track your progress when you start using a defined learning path.