The digital learning ecosystem An efficient management approach to capability development, delivering smarter teams, improved productivity and better business outcome for the managers.
The digital learning ecosystem Digitally and seamlessly connecting you, the learner, with pertinent learning objects and related technologies ensuring systematic, engaging and continued learning.
Industry and client recognition
Best Outreach Program Finalist: WorldOil Awards
Overall Customer Satisfaction Score
Training provider of the year: 2013, 14 and 15
Upstream learning simulator With more than 50,000 participants instructed in various disciplines, data driven OilSim runs real-world oil and gas business scenarios and technical challenges.Engaging. Educational. Enjoyable
We’re here to help!
Ask a question or leave a
comment using our Contact Us
This course provides an introduction to Microseismic qualitative interpretation methods. Using theory, publications, examples, and case histories the audience is introduced to engineering objectives of microseismic monitoring projects.
The interpretation of microseismic events is expanded to include Microseismic data yields information that can be used to calibrate hydraulic fracture models in conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
The value of microseismic data is fully realized when it is part of an integrated workflow where the measurements are used to calibrate fracture modeling and ultimately to production forecasting.microseismic event source parameters, source wave radiation patterns, and amplitude ratios. Case histories are presented to demonstrate the importance of these microseismic event properties in interpretations and how they can be correlated to fracture treatment data.
There are a variety of objectives for microseismic monitoring projects that extend beyond the description of hydraulic fracture geometry to include comparative studies of different completion and stimulation treatment designs for field development planning. The examples show how microseismic data can be used in a variety of common project objectives, and limitations to such interpretations.333
Introduction to Microseismic Monitoring and Fundamentals.
Microseismic Interpretation, Quality Assurance of Events Data, and Qualitative Interpretation Methods.
1. Overview of microseismic interpretation, applications, and objectives
2. Historical perspective of fracturing theory and microseismic measurements
3. Quality control of microseismic event for interpretation
4. Qualitative interpretation methods and applications
5. Discussion topic – What is ESV/SRV and its relevance in interpretations of fracture geometry and well performance?Day 3
Sources of Microseismic Events during Fracturing, Failure Mechanisms, Source Parameters and Source Wave Radiation Patterns.
1. Waveforms and spectral analysis
2. Event magnitudes and interpretation
3. Seismic moment and applications
4. Source wave radiation patterns and source wave amplitudes
5. Introduction to moment-tensor inversion, visualization, and interpretation
6. Discussion topic – How does what has been learned so far bring value to completion and hydraulic fracture treatment design?Day 4
Data Integration and Interpretation Applications
1. Data integration and geological context
2. Interpretations for fracture treatment and completion design optimization in vertical wells
3. Interpretations for fracture treatment and completion design optimization in vertical wells
4. Discussion topic – Can microseismic data determine proppant placement and predict well performance?Day 5
Integrated Microseismic Interpretation and Fracture Modeling.
Geoscientists and specifically Geophysicists who wish to learn more about the use and application of microseismic.
Interpretation, applications & Objectives
Source parameters and wave patterns
Data integration and geological context
Implications for Fracture treatment and design
Fundamentals of Geophysics. A good understanding of the seismic theory and application.
Customize your own learning journey and track your progress when you start using a defined learning path.