Fire alarm and signaling systems training with the updated 2019 NFPA 72 Online Series.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Learn about the 2019 edition of NFPA 72® at your own pace, on your own time. Created by the leading experts in NFPA® code compliance, this fully updated, six-part online series spans every aspect of fire alarm and signaling, from design to inspection, testing, and maintenance. Courses cover new technology and the applicable requirements from building, fire, and life safety codes, including the 2019 edition of NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code,® and the 2014 edition of NFPA 70®, National Electrical Code® (NEC®). Each course ends with an exam to test your knowledge. Pass the online exam to qualify for 0.75 CEUs.
- Work at your own pace through in-depth online courses focused on individual subject areas. Developed by industry experts, these self-guided courses pave the way for additional professional training from NFPA, the fire safety leader and code source.
- Explain how building, fire, and life safety codes impact the requirements for fire detection and alarm systems
- Determine how NFPA 72 is used to design, install, and maintain a fire detection and alarm system and how the Code is structured
- Describe the general types of initiating devices
- Define common terms associated with notification appliances
- Cite general requirements associated with notification appliances
- Identify the basic types of circuits
- Recognize how different circuit types operate under various conditions
- Identify the characteristics of Class A, B, C, D, E, N, and X circuits
- Identify the different types of off-premises signaling systems and cite general requirements associated with them
- Define terms related to the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems
- Recognize general requirements for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire alarm systems