The digital learning ecosystem An efficient management approach to capability development, delivering smarter teams, improved productivity and better business outcome for the managers.
The digital learning ecosystem Digitally and seamlessly connecting you, the learner, with pertinent learning objects and related technologies ensuring systematic, engaging and continued learning.
Industry and client recognition
Best Outreach Program Finalist: WorldOil Awards
Overall Customer Satisfaction Score
Training provider of the year: 2013, 14 and 15
Upstream learning simulator With more than 50,000 participants instructed in various disciplines, data driven OilSim runs real-world oil and gas business scenarios and technical challenges.Engaging. Educational. Enjoyable
Develop measurable skills and capabilities
The focus of this course is on how to leverage Petrel E&P Software Platform Reservoir Engineering tools to create thermal reservoir simulation models.
In this course, you use Petrel to:
- build a 3D simulation model based on geological input data
- add wells and well control rules
- create or import thermal fluid models and rock physics functions
-add thermal boundary conditions
- initialize the model and run simulations
- view the simulation results using available Petrel tools for results analysis and visualization
- design a well trajectory using an interactive approach
- access the INTERSECT simulator and familiarize with the INTERSECT input and output file structure including datasets modification.
During the course, the practical application of most of the available tools in Petrel used for a typical reservoir engineering workflow is discussed and illustrated in the exercises. The manual is structured in modules with relevant lessons and exercises to help you practice the lessons learned in each module.
- Reservoir engineering in Petrel
- Petrel user interface
- Make a simple simulation grid
- Rock physics and fluid modelDay 2
- Run simulation
- 2D & 3D Simulation Results
- Well EngineeringDay 3
- Well control
- Introduction to INTERSECT
- INTERSECT File Structure
- IXF format
Development and exploration petroleum engineers, reservoir engineers, geoscientists, and any asset team members who want to get acquainted to Petrel thermal reservoir simulation workflow
Module 1 Petrel reservoir engineering for new comers
Module 2 Simple simulation models
Module 3 Well engineering
Module 4 Well control
Module 5 Simulation run and results viewing
Module 6 INTERSECT
The knowledge of Petrel Reservoir Engineering workflow tools or equivalent Petrel experience is an added advantage.
Customize your own learning journey and track your progress when you start using a defined learning path.