The digital learning ecosystem An efficient management approach to capability development, delivering smarter teams, improved productivity and better business outcome for the managers.
The digital learning ecosystem Digitally and seamlessly connecting you, the learner, with pertinent learning objects and related technologies ensuring systematic, engaging and continued learning.
Industry and client recognition
Best Outreach Program Finalist: WorldOil Awards
Overall Customer Satisfaction Score
Training provider of the year: 2013, 14 and 15
Upstream learning simulator With more than 50,000 participants instructed in various disciplines, data driven OilSim runs real-world oil and gas business scenarios and technical challenges.Engaging. Educational. Enjoyable
Develop measurable skills and capabilities
This Course is based on Petrel 2015.1 release
This course is designed specifically for SIS drilling support to learn the well planning fundamentals and Petrel drilling workflows.
There are four main topics: offset well analysis, well design; well positioning and real-time operation.
The attendee is guided through the preparation stage for data used in well design. This includes project setup, data import and preparation. You will learn how to import trajectory and targets from third-party applications, such as EDM.
You will undertake well design exercises integrated all the elements of the well planning, from making offset well analysis using drilling risks; defining geological targets; building drillable well paths to intercept geological targets; do trajectory uncertainty analysis, create driller’s targets; perform anti-collision analysis, modify the path to avoid collision with nearby wells; finally generate report and plotting.
After the planning phase, you will learn how real-time data acquisitions are handled in Petrel.
Drilling engineers, geologists, and petro-technical personnel with fundamental knowledge in Petrel and who needs to understand well path design and optimization within Petrel.
• Petrel platform introduction
• Petrel interface and windows
• Set units and CRS for a new project;
• Import well head, trajectory, well logs, well tops and image;
• Display data in 2D and 3D windows;
• Creating well section window;
• Objects spreadsheets and settings.
Make/edit geological targets
• Create well plan using Well plan designer;
• Create well plan from Template;
• Modify well plan using Well plan designer, dragger, and Inspector;
• Convert proposed wells to advanced plans
• Create well plan report;
• Trajectory uncertainty;
• Driller’s target;
• No-go zone;
• Create anti-collision report.
Offset well analysis:
• Import offset well data using indexed EDM files;
• Import drilling events;
• create drilling risk and manage risks;
• Import and display BHAs.
• Introduce real-time data handling in Petrel
• Making scaled map view for well plan;
• Generate vertical section for plan;
• Making scaled vertical view for well plan.
Petrel Fundamentals course.
In addition some basic knowledge of well design and drilling is recommended
Customize your own learning journey and track your progress when you start using a defined learning path.